Fitbit Pay – the easy way to pay directly from your watch
Fitbit Pay makes shopping at your favourite places more seamless than ever. You can use it anywhere you see the Contactless payment symbol. Just add your Credit Union Current Account debit card to your Fitbit watch or tracker via the Fitbit App and you're ready to go.
Fitbit Pay – All you need to know
Fitbit Pay is a secure and easy-to-use payment service available via most wearable Fitbit devices that can be used to pay in stores wherever Contactless payments are accepted; just look for the Contactless symbol In-store.
- Fitbit Ionic
- Fitbit Versa
- Fitbit Charge 3 (Only available on special editions)
Using the Fitbit App on iOS, Android or Windows, complete the following steps to add your debit card to Fitbit Pay:
- Open the Fitbit Pay app on your iPhone, Android or Windows phone to enter your card information in the Fitbit Pay ‘Wallet’. Locate this wallet by tapping your picture in the top left corner of the screen which will bring you to the ‘Account’ section.
- Select the Fitbit device you want to add your debit card to and then select the ‘Wallet’ icon.
- Open the ‘Wallet’. Fitbit security will require you to enter your PIN/fingerprint in order to access the ‘Wallet’. You can then add a card by selecting the ‘+’ symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen. Do this by entering card number, expiry date and CVC, press NEXT and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Read and confirm if you are happy to accept the Digital Wallet Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the verification steps as directed. Once this is complete the card appears in your Wallet.
- Sync and Complete. The app syncs to your Fitbit device and the card is now displayed on-screen on your wrist and ready to use.
Yes, you can return to the Wallet to complete your set up by:
- Open the Wallet
- Confirm authentication Touch ID or passcode
- Select your card
- Choose your verification method
Enter your 4 digit pin on your Fitbit device once in the morning and it stays for 24 hours or until you remove the Fitbit Device from your wrist.
For all transaction values*, press and hold the button on the left side of your Fitbit device until your card appears onscreen. Now move your Fitbit device close to the contactless terminal until you see a checkmark. Your device should vibrate to confirm the transactions has been made.
*Fitbit Pay transactions above €50 may not be supported by some merchant terminals.
You can use Fitbit Pay wherever Contactless payments are accepted; just look for the Contactless or Fitbit Pay symbol.
You will receive an immediate notification after each transaction made using Fitbit Pay when connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi. When you open the card in the Wallet, you will only see the latest transaction made. When you navigate to the transaction tab (tap on your card in the Wallet to display) you will see your last three transactions. Transaction history is not available to view on Fitbit devices.
With your Credit Union Current Account, there are no extra account transaction fees when you use Fitbit Pay to make purchases.
Yes. When you shop at a merchant, Fitbit Pay doesn’t send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment. Instead a virtual account number is used to represent your account information – so your card details stay safe. The Pin needs to be entered every 24 hours when on your wrist. The Pin is required again if device leaves your wrist.
If your Fitbit watch is lost/stolen, please contact Credit Union Card Services immediately on +353 (1) 6933333, 24/7. There is also an option to suspend or remove your debit card from Fitbit Pay using the Fitbit app on your mobile device.
Notify your Credit Union or call Credit Union Card Services immediately on +353 (1) 6933333, 24/7. We will then cancel your debit card immediately and a new debit card and PIN will be issued to you at your request.
You will not be able to use Fitbit Pay with a cancelled debit card. When we issue you a new debit card, it will need to be registered with Fitbit Pay again.
Yes, you can temporarily suspend your debit card via the Fitbit app or by contacting Credit Union Card Services on +353 (1) 6933333, 24/7.
When the Fitbit device has been recovered, you can unsuspend the debit card just as easily via the Fitbit app or by contacting Credit Union Card Services +353 (1) 6933333, 24/7.
The first card you add to Fitbit Pay becomes your default payment card and will remain so unless you change it.
Using your Fitbit watch: Use the single button hold for 1 second and when your default card appears, swipe up or down to choose another card. You need to use the Fitbit app to change your default card. Hold your watch near the reader to pay.
You can add up to six compatible cards on any device.
If you replace or update your device, you will need to add your card(s) to Fitbit Pay again.
Please ensure that you remove your card(s) from any device before selling, exchanging, or disposing of it. You should also remove your card if you temporarily provide your device to someone else; for example, if you need it repaired.
You can remove a card from Fitbit Pay at any time. Using the Fitbit app, select ‘Wallet’, complete authentication and tap on the card you would like to delete.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap ‘Remove Card’
- Never leave your device unattended.
- Use appropriate security settings on your device such as Touch ID, Face recognition & passcode.
- Change your device passcode immediately if you suspect anyone else knows it.
- Please be aware of unsolicited messages asking you to reveal any personal or financial information, to allow access to your devices or to install software.
- Contact your Credit Union or Credit Union Card Services on +353 (1) 6933333, 24/7 as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorised use of your device, if it is lost/stolen or if you think your details have been compromised.
- Make sure your contact details are up to date with your Credit Union in the event we need to contact you urgently.
Terms and Conditions for Digital Services
Fitbit Pay is a registered trademark of Fitbit, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries.